TERMS & CONDITIONS:
My Beautiful Scotland's registered office address in Scotland is: 48 East Pilton Farm Wynd, Edinburgh, EH5 2GL.
The Terms and Conditions outlined below apply to purchases made from the My Beautiful Scotland's website: https://mybeautifulscotland.com
Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions is given when you make a purchase from My Beautiful Scotland. It is important to read these Terms and Conditions carefully before buying goods from our website.
My Beautiful Scotland reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and any such change will be effective once published on the website and consequently will apply to all new orders.
If you have any questions about any aspects of our website please email us at email@example.com
We will endeavour to make sure that all information on our website is accurate and correct at all times and will try to resolve all information errors on the website as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe that such an error has affected your purchase, please contact us by calling +44 (0)7493037469 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, although we must stress, this does not admit liability on My Beautiful Scotland’s part.
Shopping online is as much fun as buying in-store, but it is a totally different experience.
Please be aware that:
It is your responsibility to ensure that your login, password and all other details in relation to your account remain confidential at all times.
SHOPPING ON MYBEAUTIFULSCOTLAND.COM
Placing an order on mybeautifulscotland.com couldn’t be easier. Here’s a few steps to get you started.
Once you have chosen your item, add it to your shopping basket, you will be asked to Include your address and choose your payment method then finally confirm your order.
Once we have received your order, we will send you a confirmation email to the address provided. This will contain your order number and details of your purchase(s). An order despatch email will be sent once the order has been fulfilled.
Once you receive the order despatch email this will act as confirmation that your item(s) have been sent. If any goods are unavailable, you will receive an email to confirm this and your payment will be refunded. We reserve the right to refuse any order prior to despatch.
For orders placed within the UK, all prices shown at mybeautifulscotland.com include the (if any) applicable VAT rate. mybeautifulscotland.com ships to the United Kingdom only, for International orders, please visit etsy.com/shop/mybeautifulscotland.
Import duties and taxes will be the responsibility of the customer should goods be ordered from our website for delivery outside the UK. These costs cannot be predicted and are outside our control.
It is really important to ensure you have given us the correct billing address. If it is incorrect, we may not be able to process your order and you may incur additional costs to your credit/debit card.
We are not responsible under these Terms and Conditions for any acts or events outside our reasonable control (force majeure), that adversely affect your purchase, including (but not limited to) strikes, lockouts, failures of third party systems or networks, acts of god, fire, earthquake, storm, flood or other natural disaster, civil unrest, acts of terrorism, deliberate sabotage of or malicious damage to equipment or data or for damage to or destruction of premises or equipment.
Any notices relating to these Terms and Conditions will be sent to you via your registered e-mail address.
Our Terms and Conditions outline the entire agreement between My Beautiful Scotland and our customers regarding the sale, purchase and use of goods. They supersede any previous agreement or understanding that may have previously been in place. No variation to these terms is binding unless agreed by us in writing.
Save to the extent that you exercise your right as a consumer to bring an action in or rely on the laws of your country of domicile, the interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Scottish Law, and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish courts for the determination of disputes.
NOTICE & DISCLAIMERS
The way you use our website, https://mybeautifulscotland.com, will be governed by the notices and disclaimers we’ve outlined below.
We do our best to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot ultimately guarantee the accuracy of all information nor be held liable for any decisions/actions you take based on the information provided, except where further agreement has been made, in writing by My Beautiful Scotland to you.
While we endeavour to keep the website running effectively, we cannot guarantee the availability nor accessibility of our online service at all times and except where outlined in these notices and disclaimers we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the website.
Any link (whether it is a hyperlink or other referral device) used on the website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any direct association with the linked website.
We are not responsible for the content of any websites where a link to https://mybeautifulscotland.com exists, nor for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these website links and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense or costs incurred by you as a result.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access our website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury. Your statutory rights as a consumer are unaffected.
All Intellectual property rights and goodwill in or relating to the contents of our website belong to either ourselves or to our suppliers.
You may not frame or link to the website or any part of it without our express permission.
The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by Scottish law, and you and we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts for the determination of disputes.
In the event you have a complaint regarding a product or service purchased from My Beautiful Scotland, please contact us at: email@example.com
©My Beautiful Scotland 2018. All Rights Reserved.
1-2-1 TUITION / WORKSHOPS (excluding retreats)
By booking 1-2-1 tuition / workshop through this website and paying the agreed fee you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
By accepting your booking, we agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
1. The full balance of the workshop price is due 1 month prior to the workshop date. Should this payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. If a booking is made 1 month or less prior to the workshop date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
2. Any cancellation made within 7 days of the workshop will mean that we retain the total cost of the workshop unless your place is sold on. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable.
3. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary for reasons other than force majeure (see clause 4 below), we will notify you and you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us.
4. We can accept no responsibility for cancellation of workshops due to Force Majeure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. Landscape photographers work in all weathers and it will be unusual for weather to necessitate a cancellation. However, if a workshop has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, we will offer you a free place on an alternative workshop / date.
(The weather is out of our control. In poor weather, every effort will be made to find a suitable location to continue the workshop or to take a break until it passes.)
5. In the unlikely event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, then the workshop will be rescheduled or cancelled, if the only option is to cancel then a full refund will be offered.
6. We do not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to you or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from our negligence.
7. Food and drinks are not provided, please bring your own, for a full day session we will break for lunch / dinner.
8. Permission granted for use of any photos of you taken during the workshop to be used for any marketing / social media purposes.
9. Travel to and from all locations is not included unless agreed prior.
10. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
11. It is this copy of our terms and conditions on the website which is current, in force and to which you and we are bound. All other copies in any other format and location are not binding.
12. By making a booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. Any person making a booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included in it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
13. Privacy: Shona Perkins Photography will store the Client’s details on a private internal database. These details will not be made available to companies or individuals out with Shona Perkins Photography.
RETREATS / WORKSHOPS (Residential)
By booking a workshop / retreat through this website and paying the agreed deposit you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
By accepting your booking and deposit, we agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated for this workshop / retreat is required at the time of booking.
2. The remaining balance to pay for the workshop / retreat is due 4 months prior to the commencement date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
If a booking is made 4 months or less prior to the commencement date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable. The date on which the letter or email is received by us will determine how much of a refund is applicable.
These refund amounts are expressed as a percentage of the total workshop price, and are as follows:
120 - 91 days before commencement - 50% refund
90 – 31 days before commencement - 25% refund
30 days or less before commencement - 0% - not eligible for a refund
Please Note: See point 17 below regarding travel insurance.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
Please do not make any other travel bookings until you have had this email confirmation from us. If we are unable to confirm the booking, even though you have had an email confirming your payment, we will not be liable for any other costs you have incurred. We will refund in full your deposit payment. This is because on rare occasion multiple bookings may outsell the available openings for a workshop before the bookings can be closed.
5. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any workshop or retreat. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop or retreat (and where this is of a lower price, we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us.
6. Under-booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a retreat is not met, and if we have to cancel a retreat for this reason, we will not do so less than 14 days prior to departure.
7. Force majeure:
Unless expressly stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we will not have any liability to you if we are prevented from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you as a result of any event which is out with our control (and/or out with the control of the supplier or provider of the service in question). Such events may include (but are not limited to) war or threat of war; terrorist activity or the threat of terrorist activity; civil commotion or riot; any action taken by a governmental or public authority; industrial disputes; collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; traffic or road conditions or road closures; technical or mechanical breakdown; adverse weather conditions; natural disasters and all similar events or circumstances
8. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader may be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour or retreat will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
9. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars of the workshop or retreat at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
10. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to commencement. We cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and we will have no liability to you if such requests cannot be met.
11. The type of workshops and retreats we offer require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason, the outlined itinerary and workshop/retreats description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop or retreat, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12. It is the guest's responsibility to inform us of any injury/medical condition when booking and before the start of each retreat.
13. We do not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
14. We will not accept liability for loss or damage to any of your personal belongings, including but not limited to camera and computer equipment, peripherals, mobile phones, baggage, clothing, documents, monies, credit cards, travel documents and so on. See clause 15 below.
15. The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
16. We actively welcome your feedback, both in respect of our own services and those provided by other suppliers (such as accommodation providers). In the event that you have any complaint during the course of your tour then please bring this to the attention of your Retreat Leader as soon as possible, and we will endeavour to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. Any complaints regarding accommodation should, in the first instance, be raised with the relevant accommodation provider.
Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 14 days of the completion of the workshop or retreat.
17. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour or retreat (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour or retreat (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
18. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
19. Bookings for anyone under 18 years of age must be made by their parent or legal guardian. No one under 16 years of age may join a workshop with us, except by special arrangement with and being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who needs to pay the full retreat fee themselves also.
20. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrive at locations at the arranged time and with the appropriate equipment, footwear and clothing. The customer needs to be healthy enough to participate in the retreat. If the customer’s vehicle breaks down, his/her transport arrangements fail for any reason or if the customer fails to arrive at a destination for any reason whatsoever the retreat must proceed without them for the benefit of the other paying customers.
21. The weather is out of our control. In poor weather, every effort will be made to find a suitable location to continue the retreat or to take a break until it passes.
22. If any retreat leader offers their own equipment to you on loan on a workshop / retreat it is not covered by their insurance. By accepting the loan of the equipment, if it is damaged (however minor the damage) or stolen, you promise to pay immediately its full new replacement value direct to the retreat leader (s) so they can replace the item or items from a supplier of their choice who has the item or items in stock to ensure they can continue to pursue their business. If the item is no longer manufactured this clause applies to the latest new item from the manufacturer even if the value of this item is considerably higher.
23. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
24. It is this copy of our terms and conditions on the website which is current, in force and to which you and we are bound. All other copies in any other format and location are not binding.
25. By making a booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. Any person making a booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included in it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
26. Data Protection
We take your privacy seriously and will always endeavour to process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly, we will need to use the personal information which you provide to us (such as your name, address, contact details, any special requirements etc). Where you have consented, we may also use the information provided to keep in touch with you and to advise you of the Company’s products and services (including special offers) from time to time. We may also pass personal information on to third parties (such as accommodation providers or other suppliers relevant to your booking) where necessary and where appropriate measures are in place. We will not, however, pass your information on to anyone who is not involved in providing (or arranging the provision of) any product or service related to your booking.